Here at Growing Forward we respect the privacy of our website users, participants, volunteers and colleagues and are committed to safeguarding their personal information. This policy outlines how we do this.
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data from users and visitors:
- Name and e-mail address when a visitor completes the contact form or signs up for our newsletter.
- Any other information users send when making an enquiry.
- This type of information is provided directly by users to allow us to contact / engage with them.
Other personal data via referral forms
- Personal data of people referring themselves or being referred to Growing Forward and their emergency contacts. This may vary depending on each person and the support / service we provide to that person.
- This type of information is necessary for us to discuss participants’ involvement in Growing Forward and to provide support.
- This type of data is provided either directly by users or someone else working on behalf of the person being referred.
How information is processed
Contacting the user/visitor
- Responding to queries.
- To send any communications users have specifically requested.
- Discussing referral to Growing Forward
- Supporting people who are using Growing Forward’s services as participants
- Supporting volunteers of Growing Forward
We will only share your information in the following circumstances:
- If you have provided explicit permission for us to pass on details to a named third party
- We are required by law to share your data
- Where we are using a third party to process data (e.g. website hosting & e-mail service, data back-up service, newsletter service) on our behalf.
We keep Back ups of information stored at our operating office and hosting server to a secure third party location and using encryption.
Analytics and statistics
We do not use Google Analytics to track visitor activity.
Our newsletter uses MailChimp which tracks activity (such as which links in the newsletter were clicked) to provide information on how we can improve our newsletters. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in one of our newsletter e-mails.
Where information is processed
The information is processed at the Growing Forward operating office and in any other places where parties involved with information processing on our behalf are located. External parties may be global companies (e.g. data back-up services, newsletter service).
Other Information Processors
Other parties may store and process information on behalf of Growing Forward. They include but may not be limited to the website hosting company , website back-up service and newsletter service.
Third party websites, social media platforms and apps
Our websites may link to third parties. We are not responsible for their practices or privacy policies.
Third party social media platforms and apps may collect types of data such as cookies and web traffic data. Please see their privacy policies for full details.
Measures taken to keep information secure
Here at Growing Forward we take extensive measures to keep information secure including, but not limited to:-
- All Growing Forward accounts are password protected.
- Keeping passwords for our own activities secure.
- Using secured connections for growingforward.org.uk (SSL)
- Encrypted, password protected back ups of growingforward.org.uk.
- Using secure third party services which employ measures such as password protected accounts, firewalls, anti-virus/malware detection/protection and encrypted storage and connections.
- Using of anti-virus software and firewalls.
- Password protected computers and devices.
- Lock / log off computers when away from desks.
- Disposal of confidential paper waste by shredding.
- Being aware and vigilant of potential attacks/hacks (opening e-mails/websites).
- Locking away any hard copies of information when not being used.
- Ensuring visitors to our premises are not able to access information.
- Positioning screens away from windows where personal information could be seen.
- Data transmission via the internet is inherently insecure. We cannot be responsible for or guarantee the security of any information sent via the internet.
Information sharing / disclosure
We will never sell, rent, share or disclose users’ information to third parties for marketing purposes.
User information and rights
Users have the right to request details of the information we store about them. In this case a fee may be charged to prepare and supply the information and proof of identity will be requested.
Users have the right to right to request that we amend or delete their information at any time.
Please contact us if you would like to amend or delete your information from our systems.
If you have any questions about the personal information we hold and how it is processed, please contact us.